Code of Conduct
All staff, players, spectators, customers and visitors are expected to conduct themselves in a way that ensures everyone has fun.
• No one should be subjected to foul or abusive language, bullying and other forms of harassment, and has the
right to a clean, enjoyable experience.
• All customers participating in events should feel safe, and feel their property is safe. Any reports of theft, either store or personal property, will be investigated and, if necessary, prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
• We ask that customers be respectful of our venue, clean up after their games, and please no carry in beverages of any sort are permitted. Food is to be single-serving only.
• We believe that customers have the right to participate in events and shop without interference by outside salespeople, as such absolutely no person-to-person sales are permitted.
• Arrive at least 10 minutes before an event you want to enter. Absolutely no late entrants will be accepted once the event has
• If you are looking to sell cards to us during an event, you must wait until the round has started in order for us to proceed.
• We strongly encourage good personal hygiene. If you have an excessive odor, you may be asked to leave. Everyone deserves to enjoy their experience here.
• MOST IMPORTANTLY we believe that everyone should HAVE FUN!
Showtime Cards reserves the right to ask anyone to leave at any time without compensation or prizes and may at our sole discretion prohibit you from future events. Showtime Cards reserves the right to search any backpacks, bags, and person entering our facility at any time.
By entering Showtime Cards you agree to abide by this code of conduct. We reserve the right to change, alter or modify the Showtime Cards Code of Conduct at any time for any reason. If you have questions or concerns about this Code, or an incident to report that occurred at the store or a store event, please email George Mares at Showtimecards@aol.com